Basic checking package offers:
- No Monthly Service Fee.
- Unlimited check writing.
- Order checks Online.
- Online Banking and Electronic Bill Pay.
- Mobile Banking/Remote Deposit Capture
- FREE VISA Debit Card with 10 free ATM transactions.
- FREE Automatic overdraft transfers from savings, subject to Regulation D.
- Dividends earned on accounts maintaining a minimum daily balance of $500.
- Monthly statements by mail or e-Statements.
- Monthly draft images available, contact us for details.
- Overdraft Protection – Line of Credit Loans available, contact a loan officer for details.
eSign Act Disclosure – Terms and Conditions for Online Web Site viewing and/or the electronic delivery of disclosures, agreements, change notices, and any other documents.
You can now order checks online through ‘Checks for Less’ by clicking on this link:
If you are unable to place an order with our new check printer, Checks For Less, due to one of the following reasons, please call us at (320)329-3152:
New check order
Name or Address Change
Do not know Starting Number
Have not Ordered thru Checks For Less before
Have you ever had a situation where you are making a purchase with your debit card and suddenly realize that the check you meant to deposit, you didn’t do? At Dawson Co-op Credit Union, we provide overdraft services to cover those ATM and one-time debit card transactions – saving embarrassment and the extra hassles in your already busy day. We want to be sure you are aware of the overdraft protection options available to you – to ensure your transactions are processed.
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees:
Dawson Co-op Credit Union’s business practices related to overdraft and NSF fees and charges have always been some of the most consumer friendly in the market. We are taking this opportunity to provide this information to you to align ourselves with Federal Regulation requirements.
What is the difference between an overdraft and a NSF?
- An overdraft occurs when you don’t have the money in your account to pay one or more of your transactions, but as a courtesy we honor the transaction and allow your account to temporarily have a negative balance.
- Non-sufficient funds (NSF) occurs when you don’t have the money in your account to pay one or more of your transactions and you have exhausted the balance of all of your elected overdraft protections (e.g. savings, overdraft protection line-of credit). The item is not paid by Dawson Co-op Credit Union and it is returned or Debit Card transaction is declined.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with your sharedraft account?
- Whether your overdrafts will be pay is discretionary and we reserve the right not to pay. For example, we typically do not pay overdrafts if our account is not in good standing, or you are not making regular deposits, or you have too many overdrafts. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
- We offer affordable overdraft protection services for our members to help protect them from the embarrassment of returned items and costly overdraft fees. These include overdraft transfers from other accounts with an available positive balance or an overdraft protection line-of credit advance. Contact a loan officer for more information.
- If a share draft account is overdrawn, money will be transferred from a primary savings account if available, at no charge to the member. (Subject to Regulation D)
- If a Line-of-Credit designed for overdraft protection is in place, funds will be transferred in increments of $100 to the share draft account if funds are available.
Fees, Charges and Dividends:
- Under our standard overdraft practice, you agree to pay any charges and fees associated with your share draft account. These fees and charges are disclosed in the Fee Schedule. A fee may be imposed for covering overdrafts created by share draft (check), in-person withdrawal, ATM withdrawal, or other electronic means. When a share draft is presented to us, and we determine that there are insufficient funds to pay the draft, we will return it NSF and charge you a fee. We retain all rights to collect any funds owned us for abuses of this account. If we pay a draft or impose a fee that would otherwise overdraw you account, you agree to pay the overdrawn amount immediately. We reserve the right to pursue collection of previously returned items at any time, including giving a payor institution extra time beyond any deadline limits. If your account is overdrawn more than six (6) times in a one month period, totaling 36 times in a six month period, the account will be subject to closure. There is no limit on the total fees DCCU can charge you for overdrawing your account. Dividends are earned on Share Draft (Checking) accounts maintaining a minimum daily balance of $500. Refer to the Dividend Rate Schedule for current rates.